CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

All things Zachary


Zachary and Daddy found a frog!


Learning how to use the pedals


"Posing" on his new tricycle


Watering the tree


Fun in the water hose with Mimi!


Pretty sure that the elastic is SHOT in these shorts...what do you think?

Some funny things Zachary has said lately...

Mommy: "Zachary, go to time out for jumping on the couch and not listening. I want you to shut the door and stay inside for two minutes."
Zachary: (as he's walking away) "I don't think so."

Mimi: "Zachary, Mimi is not happy with you, not happy AT ALL."
Zachary: "I'm happy at all Mimi." (with a big, happy smile)

Daddy: "Zachary, did you just throw a big fit?"
Zachary: "I don't think so". (I guess he says that a lot these days)

Zachary: (In the car driving back from somewhere) "I want some wine."
Mommy: "WHAT?"
Zachary: "I need some wine".
Mommy: (Mommy and Daddy are laughing at this point) "Did you just say you need some wine?"
Zachary: "yeah, wine is fun." (Very matter of factly)

Mimi: (While out shopping, Zachary is sitting in the shopping cart) "Zachary if you do that again Mimi is going to pop your hand."
Zachary then repeats the offense and gets popped on the hand.
Zachary: (While looking at the lady standing right beside them and holding his hand out) "What happened to my hand?"

Daddy: (As he's opening the package to a "play" violin) "Zachary, what's this?"
Zachary: "It's a baby violin!" (We had been telling him he was getting a "baby" violin)
Zachary: (After Scott gave it to him) "Daddy, it's a musical instrument!!!!"

Zachary: (As he's pushing the iPhone under the bathroom door where Scott is) "I want a new game."
Daddy: (Pushing the iPhone back to him) "No Zachary Daddy got you a new game a few days ago." (No, my child is not spoiled...ha, ha!)
Zachary: (Sliding it back under the door to Daddy) "Daddy, I need a new game!"
At this point Scott picked up the phone and realized that Zachary had put it on the application where he downloads new games/applications. And no, he did not get a new game...until the next day. :)

Some other things Z does these days:
-Anytime he gets hurt he automatically says, "I'm okay".
-He must be covered up at night now and so must his monkeys
-He has been very outgoing lately and has started to get more excited about friends
-Loves riding a tricycle, although he won't leave his feet on the pedals and instead pushes with his feet on the ground
-LOVES to help mommy clean...funny how all his help slows things down SO much. :)
-LOVES Rice Krispies and pancakes and would eat them at every meal if I let him.
-Can tap the beat of a song and will even say, "What song is this, Mommy", and I have to try and figure it out.
-He has learned to sing really LOUD! Why do kids think this is cute? (okay, it is...sometimes) :)
-He is really into Thomas the Train these days and loves anything to do with a choo choo train.
-Still loves school buses, UPS trucks, diggers, bulldozers, dump trucks, garbage trucks, etc...
-Has started in the past week to throw more fits, give us a really hard time at bed time, and has started using the dreaded "my/mine" for everything...even things that are NOT his.
-Has also started screaming demands to us. For example, "I want MY iPhone!" I am working really hard to nip this in the bud and make him say, "May I have .... please?"
-He LOVES "Baby Alison" and is getting more and more interested in her as she gets older. I wonder how interested he'll be in her once she can crawl and get his toys?
-We LOVE him and count each day with him as a blessing...even though he is 2 and stresses us out! :)

0 comments: